Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 18:56:20 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Lanny Baron <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
Cc:        FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: accessing portal site

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 01:19:03PM -0500, Lanny Baron wrote:
> Our company, Freedom Technologies Corporation, only builds Intel Inside
> and (not currently allowed by your gov't) Intel Outside Servers. By that I
> mean we only sell/promote Intel Chassis, Intel serverboards, Intel Pentium
> III Processors (no celerons).
>
> We only put on the servers sold, the OS called FreeBSD, which Micro$oft
> uses to run HotMail.com and Yahoo! uses for its more than 1000+ web
> servers.
>
> I kindly ask on behalf of the Unix community, that your corporation ceases
> from forcing the use of Micro$oft products to get into some sites (the
> portal for example).
>
> To backup what I have said about MS and Yahoo! please visit the following
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/05/29/BU20648.DTL

1) Don't act on my behalf without my permission.
2) Don't quote incorrect statistics (hotmail.com runs on Win2K).
3) Don't quote outdated articles (May 29 is ~ 6 months ago).
4) Don't cc advocacy.. if you must send it to us, bcc or forward.
5) Don't use tactless words like "disgusting".

Thanks.

--
wca