Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 18:09:27 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        brian@worldcontrol.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: John Dyson falls from grace?

> Mr. Dyson has apparently fallen from FreeBSD grace. 8-)

John Dyson has resigned from the FreeBSD project and has requested
that his accounts here be closed.  I wanted to wait for him to make
his own announcement about this, but apparently people are already
noticing some of the unforseen side-effects so it's clearly not going
to quite work out that way.

David Greenman will be taking over his work on the VM system and we do
not expect this event to significantly impact FreeBSD or our plans for
3.0's release in October.  John has simply chosen to pursue different
goals, ones different from those of the FreeBSD Project, and we wish
him the very best of luck in his future endeavors.

- Jordan