Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:27:50 +0000
From:      "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        "Oleksandr V. Typlyns'kyi" <astral@wangsamp.km.ua>
Cc:        "<freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org>" <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org>, "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
Subject:   Re: kern/182181: [ufs] Leakage of vnode references (race condition?)

On Sep 18, 2013, at 4:00 PM, Oleksandr V. Typlyns'kyi wrote:

> Devin, i think line 1266 in HEAD - it is line 1245 in 8-STABLE:
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_vnops.c?annotate=3D25=
3998#l1266
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/8/sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_vnops.c?annotate=
=3D248832#l1245
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/releng/8.4/sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_vnops.c?annotat=
e=3D248833#l1245
> And it was not MFC'ed

Yes, my confusion was...

1. The PR headers say 8.4-RELEASE-p3 is affected

2. The PR's "How-To-Repeat" starts with "Install a releng/8.4 branch"

Yet...

releng/8.4 and even releng/8.3 both use VOP_UNLOCK instead of vput
(read: are patched).

So I'm very curious, with respect to the PR, how the test program showed
a leak when the claim is that r253998 which fixes this, was in the OP's bra=
nch.
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.