Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:55:31 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

--Xm/fll+QQv+hsKip

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 11:53:10PM +1300, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 9 Mar 2001, at 10:19, Josef Karthauser wrote:
>=20
> > There isn't such a list currently, but for a while every commit to
> > cvs-all has contained a header that you can filter on for the branch
> > that you're interested in:
> >=20
>=20
> It's possible in theory, but how often is it done in practice?  I don't r=
ecall=20
> ever seeing such an example.  I've always seen it broken into two=20
> commits.

There's a difference between whether those commits are committed
remotely or locally.  It happens a fair amount, but it depends upon the
development style of the committer.

> > It's my long term goal to produce a proper branch mailing list, but this
> > means doing clever stuff with the commits because it's possible for a
> > committer to affect more than one branch at a time.
>=20
> This is also a goal of FreshPorts2.  I guess we're going to have to look=
=20
> closely at this characteristic of the header.  Either that or compile the=
=20
> XML at the same time as the cvs-all message is created.

It makes more sense to generate XML at message generation time IMO.  How
that intergrates into the current scheme of things however is a
different question.

Joe

--Xm/fll+QQv+hsKip

--Xm/fll+QQv+hsKip--