Date:      03 Jul 2001 17:06:54 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still weird psm behaviour in -CURRENT

I hit the famed "psm probed twice" problem on my laptop last week
(trackpoint didn't work at all), and tried to remove the psm and atkbd
hints as advised.  This resulted in a laptop with no trackpoint and no
keyboard ("dumb, dumb fun" sez Juliana Hatfield), but interestingly,
when I then rebooted with the previous kernel, the trackpoint worked.
Both kernels were identical except for the hints, which I compile
statically.  No fiddling with the BIOS or anything.  I'm now using the
exact same kernel that didn't work before, with the exact same hints,
on the exact same hardware, and I get the exact same PnP "can't assign
resources" messages as before, but the trackpoint works.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org