Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:22:05 -0500
From:      Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>
To:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CFT (and comments, changes, etc): G4 Windtunnel fan driver

--Apple-Mail-2-194145544

Attached is a driver for the G4 MDD (windtunnel) fan controller.  It
seems to work for me, but it does make certain assumptions that may
make it non-portable:

- It assumes that the sensor device is already attached when it starts
the management kproc (it should be attached, it's not started until
interrupts are enabled, so all devices should have been scanned by
then).

I gutted it from Andreas Tobler's FCU driver, so some comments may not
be completely correct.  It probably also violates style(9) in several
places, which I can address later.

To compile, you need the following: apply the enclosed patch, put the
driver in ...sys/powerpc/powermac/windtunnel.c, and add 'device
windtunnel' to your kernel config.

- Justin

--Apple-Mail-2-194145544

--Apple-Mail-2-194145544--