Date:      Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:48:01 +0100
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
To:        pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-docs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Some documentation issues on FreeBSD-6.0R

pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com schreef:
> Hi;
>
> I recently installed FreeBSD/AMD64 6.0R on my box and I thought i should share
> some issues on FreeBSD's documentation.
>
> - The installation documentation mentions the use of floppy drives (Q1.5.2) but
> there are no floppies for AMD64.
>
> - it also mentions wine:
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/installation-amd64.html#Q1.6.5.
> Unfortunately the wine port doesn't build on amd64
>
> - The moused documentation is unclear.. I found it difficult to find out that I
> had to add "-z 4" to moused to get the wheel recognized. USB is not an option
> when configuring moused with sysinstall.
>
> - When installing a "client" firewall, it ended up being key to open DHCP
> access to the net. Perhaps it should be added to the default "client" config in
> rc.firewall.
>
> - We should probably have a section on resizing ntfs filesystems. I had to
> download a linux "live CD" for this :(.
>
> I hope mentioning this details helps improve (even more) the current
> documentation but, in any case, thanks for the great job you've done.
>

> cheers,
>
>     Pedro.

Pedro,

Thanks for the feedback, i will keep track of the things you denoted
and hope to be able to work them out at some point with the rest of
the doc@ team.

As i see it now you seem to have some valid point that we need to
take into account.

Again thanks for taking the time to deliver this feedback!

Cheers,
Remko
--
Kind regards,