Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:07:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
To:        Chris Knight <chris@e-easy.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DEC 3000/700?

DEC3000/300 works GREAT with NetBSD installed on IT.
Expecially NetBSD 1.6 works perfectly. I even can run Gnome on my
DEC3000/300

Yes DEC3000 is obsolete but my DEC3000/300 150MHz CPU with 160MB RAM
performs quite better than a ultra1 with 170MHZ ultrasparc.

I invite you to try NetBSD as Wilko suggested, you will be very happy with
NetBSD on your DEC3000.

Rick