Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 03:12:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        downsj@teeny.org (Jason Downs)
Cc:        misc@openbsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/db/hash hash_buf.c

> Wow, I'm so utterly impressed with the maturity level of the FreeBSD core.
>
> It's so impressive it's beyond description.

Please substantiate your claims, that is most of what I am asking.

Claims made on other peoples forums from "other camps" as OpenBSD calls it,
should really be substantiated to be minimally polite.  The db fix was bogus,
it is silly to fix the problem that way, and is only an obvious (sad, pathetic)
band-aid (tm).  I would suggest that kind of change ONLY if there was NO other
solution.  The db fix smells of hack...

Might be best to post questionable OpenBSD propaganda to the OpenBSD mailing
list.  Trolls are getting to be passe, and very old.  Additionally, I do
believe that your troll was impolite.  You got exactly the response from me
that you deserved.

The situation was:
You made an unsolicited and unsubstantiated claim...  Period...

The claim should also include enough material to allow the non-intellectually
challenged to review and judge it carefully.

My offer still stands to help people with VM problems, and I only ask for
reciprocal behavior...  Sigh...

John
dyson@FreeBSD.org -- BSD with a heart, we offer to help.

PS: it is very rude to keep on tacking on more people and mailing lists!!!
I have removed NetBSD -- you aren't their problem :-).  After this, this
discussion should degrade to chat@freebsd.org...  This has very little
technical content -- just like the original, unsubstantiated claim.