Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 19:17:29 +0200
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@interbizz.se>
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        kaj@interbizz.se
Subject:   Re: -stable to 3.0 transition

 >> How long will a.out builds be supported for?

 JP> I would expect them to be phased out before the next release of
 JP> 3.x.x.  We are trying to make a point of _not_ becoming a "pick
 JP> your favorite object format" OS.

Wouldn't the next release of 3.x.x (or even a later release) be the
first release of 3...-stable? It would be nice to have ELF support in
-stable for at least a month or so of cvsup before phasing out a.out.

// Rasmus

--
kaj@cityonline.se --------------- Rasmus Kaj - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
 \               CityOnLine IB Production AB - http://www.CityOnLine.se/