Date:      Sun, 09 Nov 2014 14:16:27 -0500
From:      cs+fbsd@ctzen.com
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkgng and bash-static

Hi,

I have in /etc/make.conf: WITH_STATIC_BASH=1

With that setting, I believe the command "portmaster bash"
installs the bash-static package (instead of bash).

I am trying to use binary packages as much as possible thru pkgng,
only  fallback to to portmaster when custom switches are needed, such as
postfix, and dovecot.

Now when I try to do a "pkg upgrade", pkgng wants to install bash again
(since bash is installed as bash-static).
If I go ahead, pkgng will delete bash-static and install bash.

I can't pkg lock bash (since the package name is bash-static).

Is there any way to tell pkgng to treat bash-static as bash?
So that it won't try to replace it with the dynamic version every time I
do pkg upgrade.

Thank you.

-cs