Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 2021 13:36:02 -0300
From:      "Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=C3=ADa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-translators@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weblate Translation Tips

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021, at 11:09, Fernando Apestegu=C3=ADa wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 9:24 PM Danilo G. Baio <dbaio@freebsd.org> wrot=
e:

> > Hi.
> >
> > As you may know, we are still adjusting the translation workflow of =
the
> > FreeBSD Documentation Project through Weblate, there are some pendin=
> > items [1], but everyone can [re-]start translating.
> >
> > I've just added this wiki page [2] describing how to translate/build=

> > each document (for now, there are only three).
> >
> > The 'Article / Contributors to FreeBSD' [3] is a good example that e=
very
> > language should follow to keep all contributor's names updated.
> >
> > If you have any questions, please let us know.
>=20
> Hi Danilo,
>=20
> Thanks for this. It is very helpful!
>=20
> Some questions. In the example on how to update the "Contributors to
> FreeBSD" article, it is said: "Just necessary translate index and
> contrib-develinmemoriam."
> In es/ we do not have any contributors/ directory. Not a big deal, we
> can create a new one based on another language. But here is the
> question. If we compare the directories pt_BR/ and en/:
>=20
>  ls ../../../en/articles/contributors/
> _index.adoc                   contrib-386bsd.adoc
> contrib-additional.adoc       contrib-committers.adoc
> contrib-corealumni.adoc       contrib-develalumni.adoc
> contrib-develinmemoriam.adoc  contrib-portmgralumni.adoc
>=20
> $ ls ../../../pt-br/articles/contributors/
> _index.adoc                   _index.po
> contrib-develinmemoriam.adoc  contrib-develinmemoriam.po
>=20
> Should I base the new "Contributors" article in the English version or=

> another one?
>=20
> Thanks!

Hi Fernando.

In this case, you can follow pt-br; the missing files are referenced/inc=
luded
directly from the English directory.

include::content/en/articles/contributors/contrib-committers.adoc[]
include::content/en/articles/contributors/contrib-corealumni.adoc[]
include::content/en/articles/contributors/contrib-develalumni.adoc[]
include::content/en/articles/contributors/contrib-portmgralumni.adoc[]
include::{include-path}contrib-develinmemoriam.adoc[]
include::content/en/articles/contributors/contrib-additional.adoc[]
include::content/en/articles/contributors/contrib-386bsd.adoc[]

You have to change this manually after translating with ./tools/translat=
e.sh.

Regards.
--=20
Danilo G. Baio