Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:56:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SanDisk works, Kodak fails.

>>>>> "Warner" == Warner Losh <imp@village.org> writes:

Warner> In message <14781.19847.193907.117871@trooper.velocet.net>
Warner> David Gilbert writes: : I have an interesting problem.  When I
Warner> use a 32M SanDisk with the : SanDisk PCCard adapter, it mounts
Warner> fine as ata4 on my laptop.  However, : when I use a 16M Kodak
Warner> flash (written by the same camera), it always : says "driver
Warner> allocation fails" ... any ideas?

Warner> What kind of laptop do you have?

It's the Fujitsu E6150 that I've been talking on-and-off about.  The
PCCard stuff probes as:

pcic-pci0: <Ricoh RL5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 9 at device 15.0 on pci0
pcic-pci1: <Ricoh RL5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 9 at device 15.1 on pci0

pcic0: <Intel i82365> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 irq 10 on isa0
pcic0: management irq 10
pccard0: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0

A typical cycle with the SanDisk card is:

pccard: card inserted, slot 1
ata4 at port 0x260-0x26f irq 11 slot 1 on pccard1
ad8: 30MB <SanDisk SDCFB-32> [490/4/32] at ata4-master using BIOSPIO
ata4: detached
pccard: card removed, slot 1

Now... after writing all this, I went to put the 4M Kodak card in to
see what it said ... and it crashed the machine immediately.  When the
machine rebooted, it crashed again before X started with the Kodak
card inserted.

On a subsequent boot, the Kodak card worked.  These were the messages:

pccard: card inserted, slot 1
ata4 at port 0x260-0x26f irq 11 slot 1 on pccard1
ad8: 3MB <Micron MTCF004A> [123/2/32] at ata4-master using BIOSPIO
ata4: detached
pccard: card removed, slot 1

... What I find strange about the whole process is that I will get
different results with different boots with most of my PCCards.  It's
frustrating.  Sometimes I need to issue "pccardc power" commands,
sometimes they work fine automagically.  Sometimes IRQs are available,
othertimes not.

Dave.