Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:45:36 -0600
From:      Ron McCy <ron@bouncebk.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Unix vs. Linux

My problem with Linux was with documentation.  I'm just learning *nix
for the first time and needed a lot of concise information. I found it
hard to pick up a Linux book and be able to figure out "what" was
"where" and how to transfer that information to the installation I was
using....even if I was trying the distribution that came packaged with
the book I was reading!

FreeBSD is quite the opposite. I can pretty much "trust" what I read to
be true to what is really going on with any given BSD system I'm trying
to work with.