Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:52:18 +0100
From:      Phil Regnauld <regnauld+ppc@catpipe.net>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPC miniinst.iso available

A quick status report on the 200412129 snap:

It works like a charm, I haven't been able to panic the system yet,
(a G4-400 with 512 MB of RAM).  Been building a few ports (couldn't get
cvsup to compile, the modula3 dependency is a bit daunting), rebuild the
kernel after customizing it a bit.

So far very few glitches, like kldxref not dealing very well with the PPC
object files:

kldkldxref: error while reading /boot/kernel/ipfw.ko: Bad address

And the fact that the disks are running in BIOSPIO mode, but it's
definitely still usable.

Since I'm in an adventurous mode, I'll try and see how much of X.org I
can get built :)

Nice work Peter and all the others!