Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:44:05 -0500
From:      Max Euston <meuston@jmrodgers.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Hackers'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sentence/Line break question in man pages

Sorry to be so pedantic, but...

In a manual page, is there a way to specify a sentence break (i.e. 2
spaces) when you are at the beginning of a line (e.g. after a '.Fl' that is
on its own line) so that I can get the following output:

and a vertical bar (|) after each that is a FIFO.  Note that
                                                 ^^ 2 spaces!

In the man file, this is currently (giving one space):
and a vertical bar (|) after each that is a
.Tn FIFO .
Note that

and the following does not work (it causes a line break):
and a vertical bar (|) after each that is a
.Tn FIFO .
 Note that

Thanks,

Max

P.S. If there is a pointer on how to use the macros, I would be happy to
read that.  I have been doing this by seeing what is currently done and
assuming what the macros stand for (yes I know what that makes me). 8-)

-----
Max Euston <meuston@jmrodgers.com>