Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:49:50 +0600 (NS)
From:      Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tosha reports random errors after transition to CAM

hi, there!

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Oliver Fromme wrote:

>  > -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3010604 Dec 16 14:15 track01.wav
>  > -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3010604 Dec 16 14:15 track08.wav
>
> That's really strange.  That file size is neither a multiple of
> 512 nor of 2352 (the "red book" sector size).
> Do those files contain correct audio data, or are they garbage
> (silence, white noise or whatever)?

you forgot 44 bytes of .wav header

> You could try to checkout tosha-current, as I explained in the
> doubt that it has anything to do with your problem.

where can i get it? (cvsup, ftp, anything else)

> By the way, you shouldn't call those files *.wav unless they're
> in WAV format.  Tosha 0.05 always creates "raw" PCM files
> without any header, while Tosha-current supports a bunch of
> different audio formats, including WAV.

those files are actually .wav files. i just patched tosha to write
.wav header (and IIRC i sent you those patches about a half year ago)

/fjoe

PS btw do you (or anyone else) have any data sheets on Sony CD-Rs -- i
   ported cdrdao from linux to FreeBSD (CAM) but cannot test all the
   functions because my Sony CDU948S-RP CD-R is not MMC-compatible and is
   not supported by cdrdao in any other way (does not have driver)
   cdrdao is recording tool which can burn audio CDs in DAO mode.
   i tried to e-mail Sony tech. support but they said that their
   management department decided to not distribute such info to end users