Date:      Sat, 02 Nov 96 00:48:22 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyes01@ibm.net>
To:        "FreebSD ISP list" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Need provider

I need two providers:

-ISP for the (212) or (718) area code. I am looking for a static IP
address. I am also interested in having a good news feed. All I need
is a few OS/2 groups, FreeBSD groups and  comp.databases.informix. As
long as you carry those groups I need I don't care if you have 1000
or 15,000 groups.

-WEB hosting provider. Preferably a company that is not an ISP. Last
time I was looking for a web hosting provider I got many replies, but
after having spend days looking at URLs I chose one. Unfortunately
they were not responsive so I am forced to go back and search again.

Some of the characteristics we need:
-FreeBSD Based servers
-T1 or higher connection to the internet. Preferably more than one
connection to the internet for redundancy.
-Good customer service. I don't need phone support, but if I send and
email to request new service (ie more space) I hope to hear from
someone within a week. Even if it is just to tell me that the request
will take weeks to process. With the web provider I tried it took
them 3 weeks to even read my email. Even worse they did not take the
time to read what I was requesting so they ended up telling me to use
their automated upgrade system even though it could not do what I
needed.
-Backup of our pages
-CGI.
-Some form of database such as msql.
-Domain hosting
-Email accounts with their POP mailboxes.
-Access statistics to our pages