Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 15:22:51 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache 2 MPMs

At 03:26 PM 4/20/02 -0400, Simon wrote:

>Some of our servers do over 1.3TB a month, avg request is 8kB
>I can't wait for FBSD 5.x, hopefully threads are much better then.
>1.3.x Apache eats way too much RAM, but oh well, it's free :-)

So about 162 million requests/mon.  Whee!

I'd be curious how much RAM would be saved.  Wonder if there is anyone
running -current and Apache 2.x that can comment.

While I'm musing, anyone know if there are any gains using 2.x vs 1.3.x
when both prefork?

I see mod_ssl is now a part of the distribution and wonder how it
compares.  One less port to deal with then.  8-)

(realizing I should have been checking out 2.x a while ago)

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve