Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:38:09 +0200
From:      "Thomas Widlundh" <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        "freeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   LILO - Where

Hi,
I've installed FreeBSD 4.5 on my first HDD (since earler) and now
Slackware 8.0 on my second HDD (don't
ask me why :-)  ).
BSD is launched by the BTX loader with this F1. I've rerun BTX somehow
and it now shows F1 FreeBSD,
F2 First drive. F1 Default.
I've not installed LILO in Slackware HDD 2 yet, so I presume that's
why BTX only says F2 First drive.

Now, how do I install LILO on the second, and where to put it. Would I
put it in the root partition?
How do I then make BTX being aware of it?
If I put it in the MBR, will it be put to MBR on the first where BTX
is, or will it be put in the MBR of the second
HDD? Is there a risk of messing up the BTX?

There are always the mans, but I think they are hard to use. You'll
have to have some knowledge of the topic before you'll enjoy them.
They say like "if you put this option the result will be..... ". Then
you'll have to know how to do it in practice.
I'd like examples in a couple of situations and constellations as
well, which would give a hinch how to use it.
I'm not a newbe, but not too experienced either, and english isn't my
native language. The mans are very enlightening
when you are more experienced.
Thanks, Thomas