Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 1995 01:47:15 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Terry Lee <terryl@CS.Stanford.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: AHA-2940 boot prob. 950322-SNAP

>> I think this should fix it for you.  If for some reason your drive times
>> out (and is detected as a tagged queuing device), try disabling the
>> tagged queuing support.  Its just a couple #if 0's in i386/scsi/aic7xxx.c's
>> ahc_done routine where it looks at the inquiry data to see if the drive
>> can do tagged queueing.
>
>Yes, my drive was detected with tagged queuing and could not mount root.
>So I made the following modification and it seems to work okay.  Just
>commented out one if line and replaced it with if(0)

This patch should work fine.

>Can you let me know if there is anythign else to watch out for?

That should be it.

>Thanks, Justin.
>
>BTW, I'm using a Seagate ST-31200N.

This drive is already on my hit list.  Any chance I can borrow it from you
for a weekend? :)  Actually, if you could call segate and ask them if they
know of any problems with doing tagged queuing to that drive, I'd apreciate
it.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1