Date:      25 Sep 1998 17:04:18 +0000
From:      Andrew Heybey <ath@niksun.com>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: diamond fireport 20, ok?

Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us> writes:
> > Can someone confirm this works well with FreeBSD?  I've seen reports
> > on the 40 but not the 20.  Which symbios chip does the 20 use -- is it
> > an 875 or an 860?  Diamond doesn't supply this info in the specs on their
> > website.  (typical)
>
> Should be the 810.  If so, it will work fine.

No and yes.  It is the 875, and it does work just fine.  Probes as:

ncr0 <ncr 53c875j fast20 wide scsi> rev 4 int a irq 9 on pci0:13:0

Note that the board that I have has a *narrow* bus, despite the probe
message.  It seems that the only difference between the narrow and
wide is the connector(s) soldered on the board.  I also have a 40
(wide bus) in another machine, and it probes as the same thing.

andrew