Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 2009 17:30:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel symbol table usage ?

Building an old-style monolithic kernel, for a minimalist installation, the
symbol table file ends up being many times larger than the kernel itself.

I'd like to move it off to secondary storage, _if_ that won't break anyting.
Obviously, for crash dump analysis, one needs to have it available, but I'd
be doing that on a different machine, with much larger storage available.

Thus the question -- does anything in a system that _doesn't_ do *any* module