Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 10:12:05 -0700
From:      Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
To:        Dermot Bradley <bradley@errigle.gpl.net>
Cc:        Lukas Wunner <lukas@design.de>, andrew@pubnix.net, kbrown@primelink.com, tomthai@future.net, dnelson@slip.net, rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com, bad@uhf.wireless.net, danny@panda.hilink.com.au, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wireless Services

The Aironet 640-2400 with the right antenna is capable of up to ~22 miles.
ETSI 300 328 specifies 100mW max, but broadcast strength may reach 1W.  So,
using a 23dbi antennae and a 100mW box (with some loss due to lightening
arresstors and cable) gives you about 1W of output which gives you about 22
miles of range.

Eddie

--
Eddie Fry    eddie@eaznet.com