Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 03:48:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        deraadt@theos.com (Theo de Raadt)
Cc:        misc@openbsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/db/hash hash_buf.c

I have pruned the mailing lists again...

This was a thread that had a list of over 10 groups/people, and
simply needed to be pruned...  Sorry for my proper ettiquite.  Also,
Theo, you have posted to more than one FreeBSD mailing list...  That
is generally *BAD* ettiquite.  Please look at how many times the
same message has appeared if you subscribe to multiple groups.

> This was posted by John Dyson, as yet another flame, to the OpenBSD
> lists.  But if FreeBSD people are going to behave impolitely then it
> is only fair and right for FreeBSD users to see how FreeBSD developers
> are pissing off others who might at some point have helped them (We
> helped, we gave you a fix. The kern_sig.c:coredump() fix is NOT
> enough).  You are not helping FreeBSD users by angering the OpenBSD
> community thus.

Actually, I pruned the lists (as appropriate), the list was
very very long...  You were welcome to repost the message since
you think that it was valuable to the FreeBSD team, however it
is not germaine.

> You will
> see that you were being extremely challenging in your mail; you were
> basically BEGGING for a flame war.

Nope, only asking for intellectual honesty...  I guess I was asking
for too much.

> Ok, I am stopping giving you fixes and reports immediately. You have
> been making personal attacks, and I hereby promise to not give you any
> fixes for at least the next 2 months.  The accusatory tone is way out
> of line, I've had it; you suck.

This is the first flamage that I have seen...  This is really sad
Theo...  I will still help the OpenBSD team with VM problems...  As
I have said in private email, I won't be turned to the dark-side,
Emperor!!! (Get a bad attitude like you :-).)  Your negative attitude
against me and others won't affect my decision making process at all...

It looks like to me: OpenBSD -- all take and no give...

Theo: Angry child...  Bad Theo, Bad... Bad...

John
dyson@freebsd.org -- BSD with a heart, we offer to help.