Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 97 09:23:59 -0400
From:      Yves Lepage <yves@CC.McGill.CA>
To:        Vinay Bannai <vinay@agni.nuko.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need a common passwd file among machines

Hi Vinay,

What we do here is that we only maintain an old-unix passwd file with the passwords
in. Then we use the pwconv utility on solaris to generate the shadow equivalent.

On FreeBSD, you can do the same except you use the pwd_mkdb utility to generate
the password database.

I hope this helps,
Yves

Begin forwarded message: