Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:54:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@ns1.cioe.com>
To:        dhw@whistle.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, steve@ns1.cioe.com
Subject:   Re: 3.0 and /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.additions

> Oh -- you modified the .cf file directly (vs. making a .mc file & then
> using "make" to generate the .cf file)?  Unfortunate.  (I'd consider
> this Yet Another Reason to avoid the "hack^Wupdate sendmail.cf file
> directly" approach.)

*sigh* Not the point. I'd be happy to play with the stock freebsd.mc
file that happily generates the stock sendmail.cf file. What I'd like
to be able to do is to incorporate the sendmail.cf.additions that are
in /etc/mail/ into my sendmail.cf. Putting them into the .mc file and
then generating a .cf still produces duplicate rules.

> A .cf generated from the 8.9.1-supplied .m4 & .mc files will deny
> relaying by default.

Sure but it doesn't support the extra databases that block known spam
sites or utilize the realtime blackhole list.

						-Steve