Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:35:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ask Bjoern Hansen <ask@valueclick.com>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        J McKitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>, "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: M$ anti-trust case

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

[...]
> widespread that everyone else is forced to switch.  People don't
> really care about the OS: if everyone used StarOffice, I know lots of
> people would be happy to run it on Unix rather than Windoze.

In Denmark one of the major banks are installing StarOffice instead of MS
Office on 6000 workstations. (Pretty much everywhere in the organization I
believe). Still on windows though, but it's a great start.

We have also recently had a major debat about if the goverment should
actively encourage it's "deparments" to use open source software instead
of Microsoft products. And if nothing else, then it made a lot of
spotlight on the possibilities and the problems.

We live in interesting times. :)

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>;