Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 12:35:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP C1752-66500 cheapo SCSI card

Anybody know if this cheapo card will work with the nca driver?
The card I have originally came with an HP Scanjet IIc scanner:
it's an 8-bit ISA card with an NCR 53C400 chip. The board is very
simple: there's a grand total of two ICs, plus one 4 bit switchblock.
Naturally, I can't find the manual than goes with it (I found it while
rummaging around in a storage cabinet) so I have no idea what the
switches do. And of course they didn't bother to silkscreen any
hints onto the board even though there's plenty of room. I tried it with
the Jan 18th SNAP but the nca driver didn't detect it.

Anybody know what the switch settings do and whether or not this
thing can be made to play nice with FreeBSD? I realize it's practically
junk, but then so is most of my equipment. :)

-Bill