Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:12:08 +0100
From:      "Petr Holub" <hopet@ics.muni.cz>
To:        "John Baldwin" <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: ACPI

> Hmm, does fan control work under current on your laptop?  It doesn't
> on mine. :-P  The fan seems to be controlled by the BIOS and ignores
> commands from the OS.  Battery reporting does work, and suspend and
> resume work on my laptop as well.

Fan control is working in some way in Win2k on the same machine.
While on FreeBSD fan is fanning forever from the start of the machine
in Win2k environment it ceases in a while. So I suppose there's
some way how to do it. I can imagine this can be somehow connected
to processor frequency though Win2k reports the same frequency
all the time, but this might not be correct.

> I doubt this will happen any time soon as it doesn't work completely
> on many systems, however, Mike Smith would be a better person to ask
> about this.

Thanks for the contact,

Petr

                            Petr Holub
CESNET z.s.p.o.                       Supercomputing Center Brno
Zikova 2                             Institute of Compt. Science
10200 Praha, CZ                               Masaryk University
Czech Republic                     Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ
e-mail: Petr.Holub@cesnet.cz              phone: +420-5-41512278
                                       e-mail: hopet@ics.muni.cz