Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:36:16 -0000
From:      "Roger Hardiman" <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        "Adam Serediuk" <vipw@home.com>, <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NVidia & VA closed source OpenGL

Hi Adam,

> Will two V3 PCI's work in a dual-head setup?

Yes and No.

They will work, but only when someone (I guess that means
me) get the "Int 10" code for FreeBSD added to XFree86.

> I tried doing dual-head with my TNT2U and a S3 ViRGE/DX, no
> soup.

What happens is this.
The PC Bios initialises the first video card.
But it does not initialise the other video cards.

The Voodoo3 and the Virge drivers someone to call the BIOSs on the
secondary video cards to initialise them.
This is done with an Int10 BIOS call.

So, XFree tries to call the Int10 BIOS initialisation routines on the
video cards. On Linux this works. On FreeBSD this does not work
right now.

Once I've got the FreeBSD Int10 code written, things will work
as expected.

Roger

p.s. I've just bought 2 PCI Voodoo3 2000 cards, so I'm keen to get this
working ASAP.