Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:28:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 64btt cvsup?

On 26-Feb-2004 Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 9:10 PM -0800 2/25/04, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>>Ports don't usually apply patches conditionally on the version.
>>Instead, wherever possible the patch itself should contain the
>>conditionals, i.e.
>>
>>#if __FreeBSD_version >= 50210x
>>#endif
>
> Hmm.  But this is to Modula-3 source, so how do I do that?

You can't, because Modula-3 doesn't have anything resembling #if.
That's why you need some code in the Makefile to apply the patch
conditionally based on the value of ${OSVERSION}.

However, if you are really going to stick to your plan of orphaning
all pre-64-bit-time_t sparc64 then you can just stick something like
this into the ``.elif ${ARCH} == "sparc64"'' section of the
Makefile:

    .if ${OSVERSION} < 50210x
    BROKEN=         Installed FreeBSD version is too old for ezm3
    .endif

And then you can make the patch unconditional.

John