Date:      Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:24:54 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, "Lucky Green" <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
Subject:   Re: RE: FreeBSD problem: $50 reward.

7/2/2002 4:09:03 AM, "Lucky Green" <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
wrote:

>Thanks to everybody that submitted suggestions. I have since
convinced
>myself that there must be a problem with the IDE controller. Why oh,
why
>did I buy a motherboard that had a return sticker on it? (Because I was
>in a hurry and that's all they had in stock. :-)
>
>I hope future search engine users will save themselves a day of
>debugging by locating this post. :-)))
>
>--Lucky
>
>[...]
BIOS
>> > floppies onto a
>> > installed

Lucky -

I have the same mobo.  IIRC there was some discussion in one of the
mailing lists that the ata driver might have some problems with very large
capacity hard drives such as your 120gb WD.  I don't recall whether it's
been resolved in the latest versions of -STABLE (I assume you're trying
to install 4.6-RELEASE).

Try Google Groups in the FreeBSD mailing lists to see what the latest is
on this issue.  If it has been resolved in -STABLE, then an FTP install
may work.

Jud