Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 1998 22:31:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://www.concentric.net

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> I am thinking of switching my ISDN setup to 416/416 Kbits/sec and I am
> wondering if anyone in the San Francisco or Bay Area has an opinion
> on concentric.net : excellent support , good connectivity , etc..

	As the person running the machines for the founders of Concentric
Network Corporation (NASDAQ: CNCX), they do run a DS-3 45Mbps backbone and
uses MCI for transit.  They recently acquired InterNex.  If you are
looking at DSL, then Epoch may be a better choice for you since this is a
first tier backbone provider.  For line costs, check out
http://www.covad.com and http://ww.northpointcom.com for the cost of the
DSL circuit to you.  Epoch charges $27 a month to lease the equipment or
no charge if you sign up for a Three year contract.  The Internet access
is $35 a month per Static IP address for any speed from 144k-1.1Mbps
Symetrical and 1.54Mbps/384kBps Asymmetrical.  Epoch Internet's webpage is
at http://www.eni.net

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]