Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:53:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to generate IPv6 RA without any prefixes?

In IPv6 it should be possible to generate a Router Advertisement which
contains no prefix options (the idea being that I want the host to
populate its default router list but nothing else). However, I cannot
seem to get rtadvd to do this.

If I start rtadvd with no /etc/rtadvd.conf file, it sends RAs with a
prefix option corresponding to the IPv6 address of the interface. In
the /etc/rtadvd.conf I can explicitly specify prefixes ("addr"), but
I can't find any way to specify that no prefix options should be sent.

Any suggestions?