Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 15:04:28 CDT
From:      "Kent Vander Velden" <graphix@iastate.edu>
To:        Edwin Culp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Undefined symbols referenced

In message <35714510.7843D910@ver1.telmex.net.mx>, Edwin Culp writes:
>> I had the same problem a week or so ago. The xdelta port will not build on
>> current ( cvsupped and make world this weekend) even rebuilding the gdbm por
>> and reinstalling that does not work.
>> Gimp will now build because the maintainer removed the dependency on xdelta
>> but the xdelta port looks broken on current.
>>
>>         Paul
>>
>Just yesterday, I compiled gimp-0.99.31 from ports on two different
>machines
>running current from may 5 with ports updated, with no problems.  I also
>changed to gtk-1.03.  First I cleaned up all previous installations of
>both.

  After having built and installing world and recompiling all the
libraries that gimp-devel depends on (including libgdbm) I still get the
same messages.  After deinstalling xdelta the XD plugin (apparently the
only part of gimp that uses xdelta) was not built and gimp built fine.
As Paul van der Zwan <paulz@trantor.stuyts.nl> suggested it all seems to
be xdelta's fault.

  Thanks!

---