Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:33:18 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
To:        Dan Wolfe <dwolfe@zyga.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, ejs@bfd.com
Subject:   RE: Receive time on email messages

At 06:34 PM 3/27/97 -0500, Dan Wolfe wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>You are right.  This might be a Windows Messaging problem.  When I look at
the messages themselves, the received time is correct.  However, in the
Inbox listing of message headers, the time is incorrect.  Any ideas on this
one?

Yuck!  Sorry, but MS really needs to read the RFCs and I cannot stand MS
apps for the net.  The only was at one time I was forced to use Exchange
for network mail, but I kept Eudora for mail.

and to economize:

At 04:55 PM 3/27/97 -0800, Eric J. Schwertfeger wrote:
>On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Dan Wolfe wrote:
>It is a Windows Messaging problem, and the problem also exists in earlier
>versions of the same program.  In fact, I was hoping that this would be
>one of the things fixed when the Exchange update came out, but the most
>noticable thing was the change in name :-)  Of course the fact that we can
>now send and receive larger emails is nice, but it's still nothing
>compared to what I can send and receive with pine.

Eudora 3.0 will not break messages until they hit 1000K, which is better
than the 64K chunks I used to see and I get some very large reports at
times or send files as messages.

What I would like to see is mail used for mail, attachments are ok, but
customers that use mail as the transport for large files should learn about
serv-u ftpd.

Worst case was a 40Mb attachment.  Two very evil things were:  one, a
return receipt (a no no for attchments); and they worked in the same
office!!!  Guess they learned about LANs or PC-PC transfers, cause customer
or not, I bitched.

I'll step down now.  8-)

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990