Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 00:32:00 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley585.res.iastate.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CCD missing spl() call..

> OK.  The first one (off by 1) makes sense, but the second one (splbio)
> was there from the start.  What sources are you comparing with?

Actually, there should be no splbio() in the interrupt routine
and now that I've actually gotten the grit out of my eyes and
looked at it again, I see that the whole addition was bogus
for a variety of reasons:

	1. There was no corresponding splx(s), even if the
	   splbio() had been correct.

	2. You don't need to raise the SPL level in the
	   interrupt routine.

	3. The tabs were smashed, violating the Bruce exclusion
	   filter rules. :-)

The off-by-one stuff was OK and has been committed, but more care
will have to be taken with any further "OpenBSD improvements" if
they're going to make the grade. :-)

					Jordan