Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:39:55 -0600 (CST)
From:      Hal Snyder <hal@vailsys.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hi terry

> Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:59:06 -0500 (EST)
> From: Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>

> "We have raised the bar for operating systems on the Intel platform,
> positioning SCO to aggressively compete in departmental and enterprise
> computing markets where a new generation of enterprise-class Intel
> servers are replacing proprietary RISC systems," said Alok Mohan, SCO's
> president and chief executive officer (CEO).
>
> 	--clari.tw.computers.unix

Whoa boy, we better run for cover now.

Here we run a mix of FreeBSD, SCO, and NT. FreeBSD systems run uptimes
in hundreds of days. Of necessity, we've equipped the SCO systems with
hardware to reboot them when they wedge - uptime averages 72 hours on
the more active servers. NT isn't used for production servers, just
desktop systems for the less technical users and guys/gals in suits.