Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:01:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        tsikora@powerusersbbs.com, "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RealPlayer 7

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> You can't use a foreign plugin with a native freebsd
> netscape..unfortunately there aren't many plugins available in native
> format - this is a good reason to use the linux version.

I've noticed that the Linux version reports the OS as "Linux 2.0.36" or
something like that.  Is there anything special that will make the Linux
version of Netscape report the OS correctly?  Maybe it should be doing
`uname -srm` or something like that.

It's really minor, but it's always nice to have your OS trumpeted proudly
in your usenet headers.  I don't want "Linux" reported if I'm running
FreeBSD...  Just a minor gripe, I guess.

- Donn