Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:00:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        PVinci@ix.netcom.com (Paul Vinciguerra)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Who's handling DOC's and how can I help...

Paul Vinciguerra writes:
> I saw something about somebody owning the DOC.   I'd like to help.  Let
> me know what I can do to help.
>
> Are the docs going to be in html?  If so, I can convert existing docs,
> or whatever.

Not directly.  The format is SGML, but tagged according to the
linuxdoc DTD.  This provides for easy conversions to LaTeX for
printed documentation, HTML for on-line, and ascii text the
"web-less" people.  Texinfo should be pretty easy to add but has
not been done yet.

Your help with the doc project is welcome!  If you have not
already, subscribe to the freebsd-doc mailing list and point your
WWW browser at http://www.freebsd.org/~jfieber/FAQ to get an idea
of where we are headed.

-john