Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 23:32:58 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com>, "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@clicknet.com>, "Goeringer, Michael" <goeringerm@keywest.ird.rl.af.mil>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ach! Slot 0, unfielded interrupt 0 (unbreakable loop)

> > >Make sure pccardd is *NOT* running.  Insert the card and say
> > >"pccardc dumpcis".  Look through the output for an entry like this:
> >
> > Does killing it after it launches ok?  I found that I got strange errors
> > if I turned off pccard in rc.conf but was able to get the info you
> > mentioned when I let the system load it on boot and then killed it.
>
> The fact that things don't work unless you have run pccardd are
> strange; it certainly *should* work.

No, this is expected behavior since there isn't any memory window (??)
allocated in the kernel yet.

If I had a working laptop I could tell you more, but mine is down for
the count (hard-disk failure), and work wants to replace it.  But, they
aren't willing to replace it for about 4-5 months, and they aren't
willing to buy me a hard-drive for this ancient (but working) box.

Nate