Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:42:54 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        irvine@sanbi.ac.za
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86 4 on 4.3-RELEASE?

From: Irvine Short <irvine@sanbi.ac.za>
Subject: XF86 4 on 4.3-RELEASE?
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 12:12:55 +0200

> XF86 4 on 4.3-RELEASE?
>
> Anyone know if this will be the case?

Nope.  When XFree86 4.x:

       a) Supports a reasonable superset of all cards supported by 3.3.6

       b) Doesn't halve OpenGL performance on cards like Matrox and nVidia
          (3dfx sucks so much on both that it's not an issue).

       c) Doesn't have a configuration tool which confuses new users
          even more than the old configuration tool did.

Then I think it'll be a good time to switch.  I expect that'll probably
be XFree86 4.1.

- Jordan