Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 22:42:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, CVS-commiters@freefall.cdrom.com, cvs-user@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/release Makefile

> > I thought that we had agreed that src/release would only be worked on in
> > _one_ branch until 2.1 src/release was done and working to your satisfaction
> > and I had merged the changes back into 2.2.
> >
> > This has just created a merge conflict that will have to be delt with :-(.
>
> Argh.  Well, it's proving to be an unworkable "solution" then since I
> need folks like Mark to be able to look over my proposed changes and
> -current is a very convenient place for this.

-current should not be used to pass ``proposals'' around, mail and
diff are for that.  If we all starting passing our ``ideas'' around
in -current, it would be long and far between working builds of
current.

> We need to figure out something else.  This isn't going to work.

Mark has an account on freefall, he can either look at your code
directly, or you can send him diffs or even whole files.

Commiting stuff into cvs so that someone else can review it is, well,
slightly out of sequence.  Commiting something into cvs so it can be
tested is even worse, IMHO.  Test, Review, Commit.  That is what all
the rest of us do, and I see no real reason to make exceptions to this.

Mark has the cvs bits, so he should be able to look at RELENG_2_1_0
just as easy as he can HEAD, one more reason I don't buy this.