Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:40:10 -0800
From:      walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel hangs during boot (new GEOM problem)

walt wrote:

> I built world+kernel about an hour ago ( Dec 17 about 23:00 UTC)
> and the kernel hangs in the middle of printing phk's GEOM diagnostics:

<diagnostics snipped>

I noticed some GEOM-related commits in today's cvsup, but unfortunately
they didn't solve this problem.  The kernel still hangs before printing
any of the geom diagnostics for the 2nd IDE drive, and responds only to
the hard reset button.

Meanwhile I'm running with NO_GEOM.

I'd be happy to do any diagnostic tests that might be helpful, but I'm
new to kernel debugging so I'd need some fairly detailed hints first.