Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:34:15 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
To:        "James P. Brewster" <James@virtual-net.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Relaying Mail

[This question does not belong in -doc, but in -questions, reply-to set]

-On [20000401 02:10], James P. Brewster (James@virtual-net.net) wrote:
>I have a pop server set up to where I can send and receive mail remotely
>without problems almost.  To be able to relay domains when sending mail
>remotely an entry needs to be placed in the /etc/hosts file and an entry
>in the /etc/mail/relay-domains file.
>
>Exp. Hosts file:
>207.200.75.200 netscape.com
>
>Exp. relay-domains file:
>netscape.com
>
>This works well but every time I send an email with an address that
>doesn't exist in my files it will deny the relay.  How can I just
>configure sendmail to relay everything?  There has got to be a better
>more efficient way of doing this.  Thanks James

www.sendmail.org is the answer to all your questions.

If, however you are on a cablemodem or another 24/7 connection, you
really _don't_ want to relay everything.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai@bart.nl>                      VIA NET.WORKS The Netherlands