Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:28:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@xxx.video-collage.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   seeking advise on FS tuning

Hello!

I'm setting up a new "server" here. It has two disks sitting
Adaptec-2940W. The disks are both totally occupied by FreeBSD --
no "true partition labels" :

1Gb Hawk -- contains 48Mb swap, /, /tmp, /var, and /usr partitions.
Parameters are at:

	http://www.Seagate.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?/scsi/st31055n.txt

Connected to the old 50-pin connector on the controller.

2Gb Barracuda -- contains another 96Mb of swap, /var/spool, /home,
and /usr/local/www/data partitions. Parameters are at:

	http://www.Seagate.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?/scsi/st32550w.txt

Connected to the newer 69-pin connector of the same controller.

The system works fine, but I wonder if I can modify the default
FS settings (tunefs) and the default disklabels (disklabel -e)
to "unleash its hidden potential". The OS is Mar 9th stable,
PentiumPro200/512 with 128Mb of RAM (may be will reduce to 64
in future -- it just never pages now).

The purpose of each FS is as one would expect from it's name :)

Thanks a lot for any recommendations. I've never used ``tunefs''
before -- please, be specific if you can. Yours,

	-mi