Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:05:30 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Martin Karlsson <martin.karlsson@visit.se>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NEWBIE - first send-pr w diff - question

Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Feel free to simply put it in a PR.  We use PRs to make sure that
contributions are not lost, and are discussed.  PRs are not tools for
public humiliation.  :-)

Even if all your patch does is get the ball rolling to fix an
outstanding issue, and what is eventually committed bears no
resemblance to the patch you offer, that's where it belongs.

You also want to be sure to get credit for your work, and a PR is the
best way to do that.

Thanks again,
Michael

Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org