Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 05:52:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joseph Mallett <jmallett@newgold.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: syscalls for getting information about system bus?

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Mike Smith wrote:

> > I'm sure this probably reeks of cluelessness, but I'm wondering how I can
> > find each bus in the system, and if it's PCI/ISA/whatever, so that I could
> > say "1 PCI bus, 1 ISA bus in system", etc. without having to probe the
> > system directly, since I want to make what I'm working on portable.
>
> See libdevinfo in -current.  There's nothing really portable for this

Thanks, looks like a start.

> sort of thing, though.

Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be, but I figured I'd try asking. I'm
trying to implement a '/sbin/hinv' for *BSD, and have been trying to make
it as generic as possible, so I don't end up over-relying on certain
hardware existing, etc.

Thanks
/joseph

--
[ Joseph Mallett           <jmallett@[newgold.net|xmrg.com|xMach.org]> ]
[ xMach Core Team         xMach: Proactively Unbloated Microkernel BSD ]