Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:43:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Daniel Conlon <dconlon@0risknames.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Monitoring User's Data Transfer

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Daniel Conlon wrote:

>>Greetings,
>>
>>Does anybody have any tips on how to monitor the data transfer of each user on a server.
I can obviously use apache log files to find the amount of data transfer used by their web site,
but what about the data transferred by POP3 or incoming SMTP and when they upload their files by
FTP?

Well for FTP it should not be too hard. Just parse your ftp.log file if
you have one for the users in question. SMTP, well I guess if you use
sendmail you can do read your maillog file for the users and glean some
info from there.. POP3 might be a bit harder. What popper are you using?

>>Daniel Conlon

Keith